What We Believe
All MRC directors, board members, mission partners and employees of this organization are required to subscribe in good faith to the confession of faith, as follows:
WE BELIEVE | Doctrinal Statement
- In the plenary and verbal inspiration of the Bible as originally given; that it is the only infallible Word of God, and the supreme and final authority in all matters of faith and practice.
- That there is only one true God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- In Jesus Christ, God the Son, the world’s only Savior; in his pre-existence, virgin birth, sinless life, vicarious death, burial and bodily resurrection; and in his personal, visible and eminent return.
- In God, the Holy Spirit, Who convicts the world of sin, regenerates, indwells and empowers the believers.
- In the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, a blessed, definite experience that should be diligently sought and obtained as the necessary endowment for effective service. This experience can take place simultaneously with or subsequent to salvation.
- That all men are sinful and lost and can be saved only by grace through faith in the shed blood of Jesus Christ.
- That deliberate, willful disobedience to the revealed will of God brings any believer under the Holy Spirit’s conviction of God’s discipline. Fellowship is restored only by thorough repentance, restitution, confession, and cleansing in the blood of Jesus Christ.
- In the resurrection of the dead; the believer to life everlasting, and the unbeliever to eternal condemnation.
- That the church is the body of Jesus Christ, comprised of all who have accepted the redemption provided by Him and for which He will return.
- That Christians are called to a life of separation from worldliness, sacrifice, discipleship, and surrender to the full will of God, which is made possible through the indwelling of Jesus Christ by His Spirit, in the lives al all those who are born again.
- That water baptism by immersion and the Lord’s Supper are ordinances to be practiced by believers in accordance with the Word of God.